Components and Materials Necessary for a Pre-Engineered Metal Building
What you need, why you need it, and
how we know which ones to recommend
So you’re thinking about adding an addition or repairing a pre-engineered metal building on your property and you’re wondering what components you’ll need to carry out the project? You’ve come to the right place.
When it comes to a pre-engineered metal building, there are several components and materials that will be needed for the building process. In order to ensure that any repairs or additions to the building are constructed correctly and safely, it is essential to use the right components and materials, especially if you have a unique design in mind.
In this blog post, we’ll look at the components and building materials needed. From angles and eave struts to the roof, trim, and insulation, and everything in between, it is important to be aware of all the components needed for the successful repair or addition to a pre-engineered metal building.
Keep reading to learn all about the components and building materials necessary to repair or make an addition to a pre-engineered metal building!
Our Experience with Components
Let us first just say that we’re no strangers to the components side of pre-engineered metal buildings. Here at Pacific Building Systems (PBS), we manufacture all of the components necessary for your building project. We’ll make sure you get the materials you need.
We’re engaged in the engineering, detailing, manufacturing, shipping, and installation consulting aspects within the Western US, Alaska, and the Pacific Rim. While we do offer a lot to our customers during their metal building endeavors, please remember that we do not participate in any type of field construction, but focus instead on producing the highest quality designed for ease of installation-nuts, bolts, and all! Our Components Division provides the experience, knowledge, and quality products to meet our customer’s demands and service. We can deliver the services and parts to fix damaged buildings, re-sheet existing structures, or to start from scratch with an addition to your building. Our products are durable and offer aesthetics that will endure and protect your steel building through the seasons. Our parts are manufactured to the highest standards utilizing the best materials available to the metal building industry.
From concept to completion, our staff and facility is dedicated to creating quality products and services utilizing state-of-the-art equipment. We have components suitable for a range of industries including industrial, commercial, agricultural, aviation, government, and community sectors. We have over 60 years of experience in this industry. So, if you’re looking for reliable building components for your metal building project, we’ve got you covered!
What Sets Our Components Apart
At Pacific Building Systems, the components division provides components for pre-engineered metal buildings that are of the highest quality and stand out from the rest. Our components are designed to not only look great but also last for years to come.
To ensure this, we use a heavy coat of finishing enamel paint on the primary structure steel rather than just a thin coat of primer like many manufacturers do. This helps to prevent corrosion, rusting, and other wear and tear. We also offer a wide variety of paint color choices, including gray, green, red, black, and white so that you can customize your metal building to your desired aesthetic.
In addition to our paint colors, we also offer galvanized secondary framing such as purlins and girts, doors and window framing, and base and gable angles. This helps to increase the lifespan of the building and also provides better light reflection. All of our components are shop-welded and cut-to-length with all the necessary hardware in place, making it easier for you to replace or make an addition. We also offer long trims for added aesthetics and structural steel corner columns at the end frames for strong and stable metal buildings. All of these components make our pre-engineered metal buildings reliable, durable, and different.
Components Necessary to Construct
a Pre-Engineered Metal Building
We manufacture a variety of metal building materials and components that are necessary for steel buildings. Depending on the exact design of your building, which our expert team of designers can help you conceptualize, the components you need may vary. Rest assured, whatever your design is, we’ll have all the materials necessary for you to make it happen. Our product selection includes:
- Metal Roofing – A sturdy metal roof is the cherry on top for a metal building. Depending on where you plan to construct your building and for which purposes, the design of your roof may vary. For example, in an area that gets a lot of snow, you may want a slanted metal roof where snow will not compact on top of the building.
- Metal Siding – Once you have your metal siding chosen, we can help you choose a color for it.
- Custom and Standard Metal Panel Trim for all Industries – No matter if the purpose for your building is personal, commercial, agricultural, or something else; we have trim available!
- Sheeting Accessories – Customizing your metal building with a one-stop-shop has never been easier. We have everything you need to construct your metal building.
- Angles – Available in various styles to suit your building needs.
- CEE, ZEE and Eave Strut Secondary – 8”, 10”, and 12” available stock sizes. Customer sizes made to fit per order. 12,14 and 16 stock gauges in inventory.
- Insulation and accessories- A key element in keeping your metal building conditioned and more easily temperature controlled.
- Nuts and Bolts – The “glue” that holds it all together!
- Walk Doors and accessories – Having easy access to and from your building is an important element of the building process. We can help make sure you make the best choice!
Whatever the component is that you’re looking for, chances are that our talented components division can help you source the right one. If you have questions about which components you’ll need, how to find the right component for a repair, or which component you would need for an addition to your metal building – we’re ready and waiting to help!